Maintaining healthy natural hair can be a fun and rewarding journey. Having a hair routine takes time, effort, and consistency. Natural hair is all about knowing your hair type and using the right products that works best for your hair.
Here are some simple tips to get started on your journey:
Keep your hair moisturised by using natural oils like coconut, jojoba or grapeseed oil.
- To avoid stripping your hair of its natural oils, use a sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Try to limit the amount of heat you apply to your hair. If you must use heat, keep the temperature low and apply a heat-protective spray.
- To protect your hair while you’re sleeping, wrap it in a satin scarf or a bonnet to prevent breakage and tangling.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to detangle your hair. Work your way up from the ends to the roots.
- Protective styles like braids, twists, or plaits are your best friend!
Share your hair routine and tips with us on social media by tagging @Shoprite and using the hashtag #ShopriteHairandBeauty